Something up ahead?

This wasn't the post I was going to write - I was going to write something about shouting into a void, but today, I feel a little different. Today I don't feel like I'm shouting into a void, I feel like some people are actually liking what I'm doing, because today The Chicken Factory is at number 7 in the youwriteon.com charts.

Now, I'm sensible enough to know that it's very unlikely to remain so for the duration of the month, and I'm also experienced enough to know that the prize - a professional critique - can be disappointing and unhelpful.

What it does mean though is that my peers have rated the opening of my novel very highly, and for today at least, I feel good about my work. Writing and the road to publication is littered with heart-breaks, so I'm going to allow myself a little feel-good time, before I roll up my sleeves and get back on with being an unpublished author.

Comments

  1. Way to go! You have to hold on to these victories and pull them out again when the going gets tough. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you deserve to enjoy the current highs; you're so right that so much heartache & misery can float our way that any happiness should be valued.

    Shout it from the rooftops - it's allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your support guys - I'll make the most of it before it crashes back down the charts tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts